Monday, May 25, 2009

Children's Book in the Spot Light - Math Curse

Math Curse
Math Curse by Jon Scieszka (Author), Lane Smith (Illustrator)
This book was a case of me as a dad trying to sneek some math ideas into my duaghters head. I noticed early on that she did not enjoy math, so I had to get subversive, and trick her into having fun with math. This book really helped, and when she became older she accepted some of the concepts that the book introduced her to.

The illustrations are very well done, and help make the points being made by the text perfectly. The book is fun for young and for older children. It is obvious and subtle at the same time. There are a lot of ideas in this book, so much so that as your child grows they will begian to vew the book in different ways. I am sure that this book helped my daughter have more fun with math, she never really learned to like math, but this book helped.

Book Details

Reading level: Ages 4-8

Hardcover: 32 pages
Publisher: Viking Juvenile (October 1, 1995)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0670861944
ISBN-13: 978-0670861941
Dimensions: 11.3 x 11 x 0.4 inches

Math Curse

No comments: