Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Graco Strollers Recalled

Over at MSNBC.com they are quoting from an AP story about the recent Graco Stroller Recall in an online article titled Fingertip amputations prompt stroller recall.

About 1.5 million Graco strollers sold at Wal-Mart, Target and other major retailers are being recalled after some children's fingertips were amputated by hinges on the products.

The recall by Graco Children's Products Inc. includes certain model numbers of its Passage, Alano and Spree Strollers and Travel Systems. The Exton, Pa., company received seven reports of children placing their fingers in a stroller's canopy hinge as the canopy was being opened or closed. Five children had their fingertips severed and two children received cuts on their fingertips.


You have to wonder how this could happen, but sadly because I worked in a manufacturing plant at one point in my life I understand the design process and what it takes to get complex goods to market. Safety of the end user is not always the focus, though it should be. I just hope this causes all those who design products for children to put safety first, as so many of them claim that they do.

For more information about the recalled strollers, consumers can call 800-345-4109 or visit http://www.cpsc.gov.


4 comments:

vdfgfdtuuiii said...

Excellent article!I will be married soon. Can you tell me where I can buy a Casablanca 1866 at a low price

vdfgfdtuuiii said...

Excellent article!The Casablanca 1898 showed in the picture are very beautiful. Can you tell me where I can buy a Casablanca ST1898 at a low price

tom said...

It was really strange that even before I finished reading your article about this la sposa domingo I began to feel that you were a kind-hearted person Your article is very interesting and will be better if you can give more introduction of this la sposa dolomita. I wantto buy this la sposa dolmen while my fiancé prefers another. Could you help me and make friends with me?

Alma said...

tee shirts homme
tee shirts burberry homme
tee shirts ED Hardy hommes
tee shirts G star homme
tee shirts louis vuitton homme
chaussures femmes
chaussures chanel femmes
chaussures chanel high heels
chaussures chanel low heels
chaussures louis vuitton femmes
chaussures Louis Vuitton femmes low heels
chaussures Nike Gladiateur Mid femmes
Accessories & jewelry
Accessoires Sac louis vuitton
boucle louis vuitton
boucle vivienne
bracelet chanel
bracelet juicy
bracelet links
bracelet louis vuitton